Without further ado, some of this week's top content from ILNToday:
- A Tale of Two Trademark Appeals from Clark Wilson: In this post, Clark Wilson's Larry Munn discusses two trademark appeals (as the title suggests!) - that of Clic International Inc. v. Convenience Food Industries (Private) Ltd., 2011 FC 1338 and David M. Locke v. Osler, Hoskin & Harbourt LLP, 2011 FC 1390.
- First Circuit Limits SOX Whistleblower Protection to Employees of Public Companies from Epstein Becker & Green: In another discussion of appeals, EBG's Christina Fletcher talks about the US Court of Appeal for the First Circuit's decision, which narrows the scope of SOX whistleblower protection to employees of public companies, and not employees of their contractors or subcontractors who are private companies.
- Epstein Becker Green Launches First-of-Its-Kind App: Wage & Hour Guide for Employers from Epstein Becker & Green: This week, EBG launched a unique app - a Wage & Hour guide for employers. Learn more about the app and how to access it here.
- 4th business conference: AN ESTONIAN-FINNISH ECONOMIC UNION? from Tark Grunte & Sutkiene: Tark Grunte & Sutkiene's fourth annual business conferences focuses on the ways that companies in the two countries can work together, key challenges, and practical experiences.
- City of Akron announces Tax Amnesty starting March 5, 2012 from McDonald Hopkins: McDonald Hopkins discusses who is eligible, how to participate, and the benefits of participation in the city of Akron's tax amnesty program.