As we come to a close on 2019 (and the decade), rainmaking expert and trainer, Jaimie Field brings us a very personal post that will also help you build your roadmap to kick off 2020 on the right note.
We are so close to the end of the year. But not only that, we are so close to the end of a decade.
To be brutally honest with you, the past 21 months haven’t been the most wonderful for me. That’s how long it has been since my father passed away. His death broke me emotionally. And while I have been able to hide it from the public, only my closest friends have known how bad it was (not even my family was aware).
But with the help of some wonderful friends and even virtual mentors, I have been able to turn it around.
For 2020, I am redesigning my life and taking 100% responsibility for it. And that’s what this Rainmaking Recommendation is about.
For the next two weeks I am sitting down and writing my new plan:
- Creating my short term (3 months, 6 months and 1 year) and long term (5 years) goals in every area of my life.
- Developing the plans to achieve those goals with the small steps I need to take, and
- Determining the realistic deadlines, and putting the dates on my calendar, to achieve them.
And you can take these three steps to start to create your plan – that’s it.
I have written about goal setting for many years – for example, here, here and here and I still believe in the validity of doing so. So even though I was not as successful in achieving my goals in the past few years, I think that the statistics warrant me creating a new plan for my new life.
Yes, a 76% chance of achievement is worth the time and effort to create and take action on my goals for next year.
You have a choice, you always have a choice, to create the life and practice that you would like (and if you are interested in my help, please reach out). Is a 76% chance of success worth it to you?
- If you are a mid-level associate who would like to become a partner or a partner looking to become a Rainmaker and are interested in individual coaching but would like to take it for a test drive, schedule your Rock Star Rainmaker Training Trial Session.
- If you are a law firm leader and would like to discuss bringing a training program or a Rainmaking Seminar (with Ethics CLEs) in-house please email me.