And here we are – with the exception of possibly one more post on My Travel from TripIt (which is still acting a bit wonky), we are at the end of our series on LinkedIn! I hope that you’ve gotten some useful tips, and you feel as though you’re starting to use LinkedIn to its full potential.
This morning, Cordell Parvin asked me to share with him what my top LinkedIn tips would be, and I think these would be a good starting point for our final how-to. They are:
- Have a full and complete profile so that people can get to know you.
- Make LinkedIn one of the pages that automatically opens when you open your browser – then you don’t have to remember to check it.
- Reach out to someone in some way every day – comment on a status, recommend an article, "like" someone’s post.
- Participate actively in groups – ask questions, post relevant articles (not just your own), engage with other participants.
- Take the relationships offline – offer to meet someone in your network who is local for coffee or lunch and look to meet up with those in other cities when you’re traveling.