This week’s Ask Friday! takes a bit of a turn – I’m asking the questions this time! Check out my video below to see what it is I want to know…
This afternoon, I had the good fortune to sit in on Kevin O’Keefe’s webinar on "Beyond Blogging: Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn." I’m already sold on the benefits of all three for law firms, but I love hearing Kevin’s stories which I can relate to our attorneys to win them over. The five most important things I heard Kevin say in his webinar were:
- Starting to use these tools isn’t a strategy – it’s a tactic. Saying that the strategy is to get on LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook is like saying you’re going to have the lawyers drive red cars. It doesn’t make sense. Use them as relationship-building tools and tools that frame your identity.
- Because media is more social, and a shared experience, you need to be doing those things that will cause your information to be shared by others who have people trusting them.
- Just because another law firm is doing something doesn’t mean you have to do it.
- It doesn’t matter if your clients or perspective clients ever see your information being shared or if they read your blog – influencers and amplifiers are seeing it and connecting you to the right people.
- Empower the lawyers at your firm to use social media to build relationships.