On Friday morning, LMA delegates gathered to hear the annual general counsel panel, "U.S. General Counsel Discuss Global Needs for Outside Counsel: Is Your Firm on Their Short List?" produced by Inside Counsel and Lloyd Johnson.
The program description read:
This panel of general counsel will discuss high priority needs, challenges and concerns related to managing a large law department. In addition, the panel will discuss the complexities…related to managing a remote professional staff who work outside the United States. Topics covered will include:
- How law firms can help meet the needs of today’s law department challenges;
- What today’s law department leaders see as potential future challenges
- How firms’ managing partners may engage in shared insight discussions with law department leader/counterparts
- How is value received for fees paid assessed by the corporations today?
- What is most useful about a year-end review, aka client feedback meeting?
- Last call: number one need on the law department side: from the relationship standpoint? From the substantive legal needs standpoint?"